PD Dr. Yoon Phaik Ooi
I grew up in Malaysia and spent my most of working life in Singapore. Exposure to these multicultural and multilingual countries have deepen my understanding and appreciation for differences and diversity. Eventually, I met my Swiss husband and moved to Switzerland in 2008. Living here further enriched my life but also brought about a lot of challenges – finding work, learning the Swiss culture, raising children in an unfamiliar environment, making new friends, and many more. From this experience, I understand what families face when relocating to Switzerland. Trained in counselling psychology, I have worked at universities and psychiatric clinics in Singapore and Switzerland and collaborated with clinicians and researchers from various countries. With this background, I am motivated to use my knowledge and skills to support families in developing resilience and in creating a life-enriching experience while living in Switzerland.
Training and Qualifications
- PhD (Counselling Psychology), Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- Habilitation: Evidence-based Diagnostic Procedures and Therapeutical Interventions in ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders, University of Basel
- Independent Trainer for Autism Diagnostic Interview – Revised (ADI-R)
- Achieved Research Reliablity on the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS)
- TEACCH Classroom Training and Advanced Seminar Topics