Doctoral program Health & Interventions
The objective of the doctoral program Health & Interventions is to provide an excellent doctoral training in the fields of Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychooncology as well as associated sciences. The doctoral program targets doctoral students of the Faculty of Psychology who are pursuing a doctorate in these areas. It is intended to provide the best possible support for participating doctoral students on the path to a dissertation and the start of an academic career through structured doctoral training. Doctoral students receive a comprehensive professional and interdisciplinary training within the program. The support measures include the following core elements:
- A curriculum tailored to the needs of each cohort, with renowned and experienced lecturers
- Contact with national and international experts
- Support with the planning, application and realization of research stays abroad
- Direct involvement of doctoral students in inviting guests or workshop speakers
- Self-organized peer elements without program leadership involvement (e.g., Writing/Journal/Reading Clubs)
The steering committee consists of the heads of the participating divisions of the Faculty of Psychology (Prof. Dr. Jens Gaab, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy; Prof. Dr. Karin Hediger, Clinical Psychology and Animal Assisted Interventions) and the Faculty of Medicine (Department of Clinical Research, Research Group Prof. Dr. Sabina Hunziker Schütz and Research Group Prof. Dr. Undine Lang, University Hospital Basel Psychosomatics Research Group Prof. Dr. Sibil Tschudin), Elena Pauli Msc (representative of the PhD students) and Dr. phil. Dorothée Bentz (program coordinator of the PhD program).